Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Its coming...

So many of you may be wondering how the hell I got this far and what happened on the trail for the month that I have already been out here. The task of writing a month of blog posts with all that happens is a little daunting but not to worry I will be doing a series of flashbacks with details and stories from the first month.
For now I will provide a quick and dirty overview. I started from the border March 20th ran into serveal border patrol agents the first day and got my first dose of snow in Mount Laguna a few days later. Most of the next 100 miles were in the tiring desert. A high point was sleeping in a cave on a cold and rainy night, while the low was watching the Gators blow the final four in some random California barbeque joint.  From there I climbed San Jacinto and traversed a very snowy Fuller Ridge. I stayed with trail angels in windy Cabazon, CA. Got a delicious meal from Troop 315 after trapsing through wind farms and big horn sheep country all day. I was lured  into a week in Big Bear by a foot and a half of snow, free snowboarding, a super chill hostel, and incredible people. Messed up my foot trail running 14 miles of the trail around Big Bear and almost got hypothermia when my ride didnt show up till well after dark.
OK so that's the overview more to come.








1 comment: