Thursday, June 21, 2012

San Francisco, 3am sitting in the hostel lounge.

As I polish of my Anchor Steam, a decent enough "local" brew, I try to savor the last hours of my retreat in the horn of plenty filled with beer, hobos, ungodly amounts of food, girls, beaches, and productive members of society known as San Francisco. I mistakenly fooled myself into thinking I would be able to carve out enough time to write some crazy amount of posts to actually get the blog to the content level I originally planned for. So, I'll work backwards and hope I get far.

The city here hasn't quite won me over this time but it certainly has grown on me. After doing all the touristy things the first couple days, I ventured off on my own to run some errands and was able to walk a good bit of some more 'authentic' parts city. It sucks to have to walk on days I'm not hiking, especially several miles on cement sidewalks, but I was able to get a feel for San Francisco beyond Union Square, Chinatown, The Wharf, etc...  We were also able to run into some better nightlife places the last few nights as well. My biggest beef with this city is the 2am closing time for bars and how the place turns into a ghost town quickly after.


Lonely Pier 39 Sea Lion






Alcatraz


Coastal Redwoods hiking around Mount Tamalpais in SF.


View from the top of Mount Tamalpais

2 comments:

  1. Really cool pics! Love it. Keep the updates coming.
    Am I missing some text?
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The text of the last 2 posts needs to be highlighted to be read for some reason. Maybe you can fix it.
    Get back on the trail and make some tracks! I expect more than a couple 30's from you before the herd catches and passes you! You need to make some time now because you'll be going slow....and then tapering off when I join you.
    The composition of the photos continues to excel! Be safe.

    ReplyDelete