Thursday, April 12, 2012

And So It Began...

It took a little while but I finally have a blog sort of up and running.  I'll be using this to chronicle my thoughts and life during a little journey on the Pacific Crest Trail walking from the Mexico to Canada.  The trail is just over 2600 miles long and mostly follows the Sierra mountain range ambling through the high Sierras and the scorching Mojave desert among many other places.  As of today I have officially been on the trail for three weeks, and the best way I can think to sum it up is the highs are incredibly high and the lows are depressingly low but all you can do is trudge on and hope it all comes out above average. Well I will add a few pics and hopefully update with stories and more photos in the near future.

 
 


Campsite first night


Cave to shelter from the rain in the desert of all places


3 comments:

  1. Finally! Fields of flowers in the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were there any snakes in the cave?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope no snakes thankfully. I was pretty scared of one dropping in though. There were mouse droppings but I didn't see any of those either. I slept with my knife and light in hand just in case though!

    ReplyDelete